Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.Proverbs 22:6
NOTE FROM MS. JANE:
Opening the center doors for parent drop off/pick up has been amazing!!! It has been so good to see families inside the center and families getting to see the classrooms. It has been a LONG time coming!!! We will continually update and revise the plan throughout the next few months.
GTK and Schweitzer have purchased three air purifier machines that are placed in the infant and toddler classrooms. The machines are designed to reduce the percent of bacteria, viruses and mold in the air and on surfaces. It is advertised in reducing the following: the common cold, upper respiratory viruses, influenza, norovirus, hand/foot/mouth disease, salmonella, and e. coli. Check them out.
I am continually amazed and appreciative of your patience and understanding through all of the changes, updates, revisions during the pandemic. Stay tuned as there will probably be more changes, updates, and revisions!
COVID-19 UPDATES for 2021!
The Greene County Health Department continues to advise us to maintain stable groups. As more people get the vaccine and the number of Covid cases go down, we are hopeful that we can adjust the hours. Continue to pray!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM THE GREEN COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
- Keep your child home if you or your child is NOT feeling well.
- If you are waiting on COVID test results, keep your child home with you until you get the results.
- If you have been tested for COVID and waiting on the results, do NOT enter GTK.
- If you are being tested or have tested positive, contact the office. It helps us in the planning process.
- Wear your mask within the center and in public.
Grow to Know will continue to do the following until further notice:
- Hours: 7:30-5:30.
- Masks are required by adults as they enter the building.
- Handwashing is encouraged/required throughout the day.
- GTK will continue with “stable groups”.
- GTK Class Closure
- If GTK cannot provide care due to a class closure, you will not be charged the weekly tuition.
- We will follow the Greene County Health Department guidelines on class closures and quarantine guidelines.
GROW TO KNOW KIDS
Grow to Know Kids provides child care for school age children.
- The cost for GTK Kids will be $110.00 per week plus a $30.00 activity fee for the summer.
- Grow to Know Kids is a weekly sign-up.
- Notify the office if you are interested in Grow to Know Kids for the summer. We have about 40 children on the list. (GTK Kids is licensed for 50.)
- The exact dates will be finalized by March 12.
Watch for more details in the March Growing Times.
(We will NOT have GTK Kids during spring break this year.)
Beginning the week of February 15, we are planning to update the fingerprint system. The plan is to get everyone’s fingerprint into Pro-Care by the end of February. (You may already have your fingerprint in the system.) Beginning in March, we are hopeful to be able use the fingerprint system between 9:30-3:00 to open the door into the center. If you arrive before 9:30 and/or after 3:00, there will be someone to check in/out your child and the door will be open. Between 9:30-3:00, use your fingerprint to open door for access to the center. Let us know if you have any questions. (As you know, this may change…..so stay tuned.)
Have your read “The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell? It is an interesting book that may help you understand your child better and give you some wisdom.
According to the authors, every child (and adult) have a love language. “Every child has a primary language of love, a way in which he or she understands a parent’s love best. This book will show you how to recognize and speak your child’s primary love language as well as the four other languages that can help your child know you love him or her. Your child needs to know he is loved in order to grow into a giving, loving, responsible adult.”
The five love languages include:
- Physical touch
- Words of affirmation
- Quality time
- Acts of service
If you think about it, you probably know your child’s love language. The book describes each of the five love languages, how they might look at each age group, and activities to enhance your relationship with your child in their love language. It’s available for check out in the office, if you are interested.
Did you check out the “Frugal fun for boys and girls” Facebook page? Check out the Conscious Discipline website for some great parenting tips.
With the winter season upon us, be prepared for anything. Grow to Know tries to open in inclement weather, but there are times we have to close. The following factors are considered:
- The forecast
- Timing of the storm
- Ability to clean the parking lot/sidewalks
Please note: GTK may delay opening (Example: open at 8:30) to allow time for the parking lots to be cleared and staff to arrive.
- Do our best to make a decision to open/close/delay by 6:00 AM.
- Announce the decision on the GTK Facebook page and Class DOJO. Make sure you are on Class DOJO!
- Announce closure on KOLR-10.
If you have specific questions, let us know.
Grow to Know partners with Springfield Public Schools to provide developmental screenings and kindergarten screenings for the preschoolers. If you want your child to have the free developmental screening (any age), talk to your child’s teacher or contact the office.
Kindergarten Screenings: Springfield Public Schools will screen all of the children that will be 5 before August 1. IF you live outside the Springfield School District, the parent educator will get permission from the school district where you live to complete the screening.
PRE-K UPDATES (Blue, Sage, Turquoise)
- If your child is 5 before August 1, he/she can start Kindergarten when school starts in the fall. If you have questions, contact the office or your child’s teacher.
- We are hoping and praying that we will have a Pre-K Graduation ceremony. Watch for details! (At the present time, we are required to limit numbers in the sanctuary so we will monitor and evaluate and let you know.)
- Watch for details on celebrations in the spring.
- At this point, those children planning to go to kindergarten in the fall will be able to attend/Grow to Know Kids on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. (See the article about Grow to Know Kids in this newsletter.)
DID YOU KNOW????
- That GTK is maintaining stable groups? We are NOT combining classes in the gym, on the playground, etc. We are also NOT having chapel or music at the present time.
- That sanitation and the fire marshal conducted their annual inspections and we passed? We are waiting on the state licensing agency to schedule the final inspection. The licensing agency reviews ALL the paperwork so we will be contacting you if we need any paperwork.
Check the LOST AND FOUND basket near the check-in area. Is your child’s name on the item? Any unclaimed items will be donated to at the end of the month.
Valentine’s Day will be celebrated on Friday, February 12. Your child’s teacher will let you know about the “plan” for the day. Watch for information in Class Dojo.
Friday, February 5: Chiefs Fun. Wear Chiefs stuff, red, yellow. GO CHIEFS!
Friday, February 12: Wear red or pink to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
- Check out Schweitzer United Methodist Church at sumc.co for details on worship times and safety guidelines. Schweitzer is having in person worship with programs for children on Sundays. Check out the website/Facebook for worship times, including online worship, programs, etc.
- Grow to Know Hours: 7:30-5:30. (Hours have been adjusted due to COVID restrictions.) You will charged $5.00 per minute after 5:30 PM.
- Please call the office OR post on the GTK Facebook page if your child is going to be absent or will be arriving after 9:00. (The kitchen staff does lunch counts starting at 9:00.)
- A $15.00 late fee is applied to late payments and balances carried over. If you have specific questions, contact the office.
- Grow to Know has a private Facebook page for the GTK families and staff, so “Like” us on Facebook. Check out the Grow to Know website (www.gtkpreschool.com).
- We bill on Mondays for the week.
HOLIDAY CLOSURES 2021
Grow to Know will be closed on the following days in 2021:
May 31, July 5, August 13, September 6, November 25, 26, December 24-31.
Bible Verse for February:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal live.John 3:16
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
12: Valentine Party Day—Wear Red or pink!
15: President’s Day (GTK plans to be open.)
25, 26: Developmental Screening (You MUST complete the paperwork if you want your child to be screened.)
Hopefully a decision will be made in regards to having Grow to Know Kids in the summer.
31: GTK CLOSED
5: GTK CLOSED
12: Meet the Teacher (Tentative)
13: GTK CLOSED (Professional Development Day for GTK Staff)
16: First day of school