September 2020 Volume 21, Number 9
|Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6|
NOTE FROM MS. JANE:
Happy Fall! I hope the start of the school year went smoothly for your family! It was so fun to see the excitement of the children in new classrooms. They felt so big!
As you may know, we started a Learning Pod for the students in Springfield Public Schools for virtual learning. It has been a huge learning curve with getting classrooms ready, hiring staff, and trying to figure out the virtual tools/websites. Thanks to a great staff and a lot of hours planning and getting ready, we are moving right along. Prayers appreciated!
WOW! The year 2020 has been a crazy year with no end in sight. We will continue to do what we can to keep children and families safe. We are constant commumication with the Greene County Health Department and other preschools and schools to make sure we are doing all we can. With that being said, there are a lot of moving pieces at GTK with employees being exposed through their contacts and parents being exposed through their work and contacts. It’s a constant concern so we ask you remain diligent and let us know if you are being tested or test positive. According to Clay Goddard from the Greene County Health Department, “ We are in a community spread.” Stay strong and stay well!!!
Thank you for sharing your precious children with us. We appreciate you.
The school age learning pods are meeting in two classrooms in the B hallway…where you check in. In order to keep the Learning Pods safe thoughout the day, Door B will be locked from 9:00-4:00 each day. The doors will unlock at 7:30 every morning, lock at 9:00, unlock at 4:00, and lock again at 5:30. Make sense????
Your code to enter the B door when the door is locked is: 4177*
It takes all of us to keep everyone safe so alert the office if you see something suspicious, alert the office.
Grow to Know will do the following:
- Through at least December:
- Hours: 7:30-5:30.
- Drop-off/pick up will continue to be at the check in desk area.
- Parents of infants/toddlers (Infants, Lavender, and Peach) will be allowed to take their children to the classroom. Please exit through Door C.)
- Temps will be taken at the door for staff and children. (A child or staff member with a temp of 99.9 will not be allowed to enter.)
- Masks are required by adults as they enter the building.
- GTK staff are required to wear masks throughout the day.
- Handwashing is encouraged/required throughout the day.
- Drop off backpacks, bedding, jackets, etc. in the child’s laundry baskets in the hallway. Please do not send toys and other personal items to the classrooms.
- By closing at 5:30, GTK will not combine classes at the end of the day in order to keep “stable groups” for the day.
- Other updates:
- A staff member is required to quarantine if he/she is being tested for COVID-19.
- GTK will notify everyone if/when there is positive case of COVID-19 within the GTK family. We will follow the Green County Health Department guidelines.
- Within GTK:
- The toys, bikes, tables, etc., are cleaned each day.
- Licensing requires a 3-step process when cleaning the tables, changing tables, etc. (3 step=soapy water, clean water, bleach water)
- Each class stays toether throughout the day.
- The same staff is assigned to the same classroom each day….unless there is an emergency in staffing.
- Each child has the same cot each day. The bedding never touches another cot. The bedding will go home each Friday AND if the child is sent home sick..with a temp, or anything.
- The water bottles are kept separated. PLEASE put your child’s name on the water bottles.
- The drinking fountains are totally closed.
- The gym is divided up so each class plays in a certain area if more than one class is in the gym. Only one class is on the playground at a time.
- The light switches, door handles are sanitized twice a day.
- The toys, bikes, tables, etc., are cleaned each day.
GTK has several ways to communicate with families:
- Are you on Class Dojo? Do you check for messages, pictures, etc.? This is the primary way for the center and the teachers to commumicate with familes.
- “Like” us at Grow to Know Preschool. It is a private page with the GTK families. Check FB for updates, announcements, and pictures. Call the office if you have any questions.
DID YOU KNOW????
- That Grow to Know is offering a Learning Pod for the school age children in Springfield Public Schools? See the information within the newsletter.
- That we will have school pictures? Date to be determined.
- That we will do our best to post on Dojo and Facebook if/when if have been notified of a communicable disease?
- That GTK has a fire drill once a month? We also have a storm drill once a quarter.
GTK CAN USE
- Hand Sanitizor
- 2 double strollers—does anyone have a double stroller that would like to donate?
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON GROW TO KNOW KIDS (School Age) !!!
Grow to Know Kids is a school age program provided when Springfield Public Schools is scheduled to be out. In discussion with the Greene County Health Department and the church staff, GTK has made the difficult decision to NOT offer GTK Kids this fall. In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are encouraged to keep “stable groups” throughout the day/week. By offering GTK Kids on single days in the semester, our fear is exposing more children and teachers. If you have questions, contact the office. We will update you as we know more.
Grow to Know Learning Pod Update
The Learning Pods are up and running for virtual learning for the children in Springfield Public Schools. The Learning Pod has gone relatively well. We have had to learn a LOT about the technology, computer programs, logging in/off, schedules, etc. But with an excellent staff, we are making huge progress.
Please continue to pray for the Learning Pods and the staff as they maneuver the digitial world and assist the children as they learn and grow.
SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
- Check out Schweitzer United Methodist Church at sumc.co for more details on worship. Check out the website/Facebook for worship times, including online worship, programs, etc. The messages are based on Biblical teaching with practical implications.
- Grow to Know Hours: We will continue 7:30-5:30 through (at least) December 2020. You will charged $5.00 per minute after 5:30 PM.
- Please call the office OR post on the GTK Facebook page if your child is going to be absent or will be arriving after 9:00. (The kitchen staff does lunch counts starting at 9:00.)
- A $15.00 late fee is applied to late payments and balances carried over. If you have specific questions, contact the office.
- Grow to Know has a private Facebook page for the GTK families and staff, so “Like” us on Facebook. Check out the Grow to Know website (www.gtkpreschool.com).
- We bill on Mondays for the week.
Bible Verse for September: I have hidden your word in my heart that I may sin against you.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
7: CLOSED –Preschool and Learning Pod
3: Learning Pod CLOSED
25: Learning Pod CLOSED
26, 27: GTK and Learning Pod CLOSED
23: Learning Pod CLOSED
24, 25: GTK and Learning Pod CLOSED
28-31: Learning Pod CLOSED
1: GTK CLOSED