The Growing Times
May, 2017 Volume 19, Number 4
|Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6|
NOTE FROM MS. JANE:
April was a very busy month for GTK. The spring concert and art walk were amazing. Thank you to everyone that attended and the GTK staff for their hard work. We made about $300.00 on the silent auction that we will use for the gym floor campaign. If you haven’t picked up your Silent Auction item, please stop by the office.
You should have gotten your picure proofs for your viewing pleasure. You can order on-line or send the form with payment to the office. We are checking on re-takes and will update you.
The Run for the Son was fabulous. The weather was perfect and we had lots of GTK families and friends. A huge thank you to everyone that participated in the run. We are already planning the race for next year. So keep Saturday, March 31, open on your calendar for the 2018 Run for the Son!
We had our annual licensing inspection on April 17 and PASSED! The entire licensing inspection process includes inspections from the health department, fire and safety department, background checks, file inspections, and lots of paperwork. It is always a relief when everything is complete and we can say “we passed.” Your willingness to complete the necessary paperwork is hugely appreciated.
As I finish writing this, we are in the gym selling lots of treasures for the garage sale. We will use the money raised for the gym floor and the transitional 2 year old classroom. Thank you for your donations and thank you for shopping and advertising the garage sale.
PROJECTS FOR 2017
We hope to open the Transitional 2 year old classroom in July. We are developing the curriculum and guildelines for the classroom. We are so excited for this new adventure!
DID YOU KNOW????
- That licensing requires updated paperwork from families on a annual basis?
- That we have 70+ employees at GTK?
- That we have music class every Monday for 30 minutes?
- That we have chapel every Wednesday at 9:45?
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 1-5. The teachers at GTK are AMAZING! They not only teach your children, but love and care for them as if they were their own children. They pray with the children and pray for them, as well as, play, create, and have a great time. May 1-5 is Teacher Appreciaition Week. Your child’s teacher would love to get a painting/drawing your child made for their teacher. Would you please take some time before the first week of May and have your child create something for their teachers? It will MAKE their day/week/month!!! Thank you inadvance!
GROW TO KNOW KIDS/SUMMER PROGRAM (School Age Children)
Grow to Know Kids/Summer Program is gearing up for a grand time this summer. If your school aged child (Kindergarten-5th grade) needs care for the summer, give us a call.
We MUST have a minimum of 15 children in order to offer GTK Kids. (We are licensed for 50.) Please make a resesrvation for EACH day you need GTK Kids. The cost is $25.00 per day (or $100.00 per week) which includes breakfast, lunch, and a snack. There is also a $25.00 per child summer activity fee.
The summer plans for GTK Kids are being finalized with Miss Debbie and Miss Molly as the Lead Teachers. The GTK Kids will “travel” to the following countries throughout the summer: USA, Canada, Mexico, England, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, and China. There are weekly field trips planned, as well as, lots of fun activities. Sign your school aged child up for the summer fun!!!
We will have Grow to Know Kids available beginning on May 23. Make your reservations ASAP so we can be prepared with staff and activities. If you have any questions about the summer program, call the office.
SCHWEITZER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
- If you are looking for a church home, check out Schweitzer United Methodist Church at co.
- Check out the website for all of the activities at Schweitzer, including activities for the children and youth and classes for the adults.
- The sermon series through the next several week will look at FAITH. You won’t want to miss it.
- Check out the Schweitzer website for summer activities.
We WILL be going outside as much as possible pending the weather/temperature. You must put sunscreen on your child when you drop them off and we will reapply in the afternoon. Please make sure your child has sunscreen at GTK. We also must have the sunscreen form on file to apply the sunscreen. (You probably completed the form in the fall.)
- A huge thank you to everyone that help sponsor the Run for the Son!
- Thank you to everyone that donated “treasures” to the GTK garage sale.
GTK WISH LIST
There is a wish list outside each classroom door with things the teachers can use for spring/summer fun. Check out the list!
We NEED Kleenex tissues! We had boxes of tissues and we are down to the last boxes! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Graduation and other information:
Pre-K Graduation will be held on May 16 at 6:30 PM in the sanctuary. Make plans to attend!
Your child will remain in their Pre-K class until May 26. Beginning May 30, your child will begin Grow to Know Kids, unless he/she is attending summer school. Let the office know your plans.
GTK Kids Information:
- GTK Kids is childcare for school age children when Springfield Public Schools is not is session.
- GTK Kids is $25.00 per day or $100.00 per week which includes breakfast, lunch, and snack.
- GTK Kids has some great activities planned for the summer. For example: field trips, arts/crafts, games, learning about 8 different countries, VBS at Schweitzer, and much more.
- Parents need to make weekl/daily reservations for GTK Kids. We are licensed for 50 children so we need to know how many will be here.
STUFF TO KNOW
- Grow to Know has a private Facebook page. We only have the families and staff from Grow to Know so “Like” us on Facebook. It is a great way for us to keep you updated quickly and efficiently. If you have specific concerns, contact the office.
- Join us at Schweitzer United Methodist Church on Sunday mornings. You are always welcome to worship at Schweitzer at 8:20, 9:40, or 11:00. (sumc.co). There is child care and programs for the children.
- GTK has many children with various food allergies. Talk to your child’s teacher if you are planning to bring snacks to school.
- There is a $15.00 late fee for late payments. Check with the office if you have concerns about your GTK payments.
- Grow to Know Hours: 7:00-6:00. You will be charged a $1.00 a minute after 6:00 PM. For the 9:00-1:00 classes, you will be charged a $1.00 per minute for late pick-up after 1:00 PM.
- Please call if your child is going to be absent or will be arriving after 9:00.
- A $15.00 late fee is applied to late payments and balances carried over. If you have specific questions, contact the office.
Bible Verse for May:
Psalm 86:3—Have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long.
Calendar of Events:
12: Muffins for Moms @7:00-8:30 AM
16: Pre-K Graduation @ 6:30
23: Grow to Know Kids BEGINS!
29: GTK is CLOSED
16: Donuts for Dads